Saturday, June 15, 2013

Fable: A Dog and a Man

   There was a dog named Coltir and he has a master. The master was young and he recently found a girlfriend in a distant land after a breakup with his old girlfriend and being a single for few months. Having a great emotions, feelings or desires the master could not stop himself from seeing his new girlfriend, he decided to be with his girlfriend, pack up his things and bought a ticket.
   Having understood the way of the master reactions and characters the dog went to a fellow dog friend who carried babies with her, 'I'm going away with master, good luck my friend.' They smelled each other as the female dog replied, 'Good luck my friend.' If the master saw them he would have called it romantic deeds or named it love according to his understanding.

   The next day the dog and the master were in another land, the land of the master's girlfriend. When the seasons passed by and the time of mating season for dogs arrived the master was busy again trying to find another girlfriend as his current relationship with his girlfriend was in the verge of breaking and they had decided to separate after a month.
   In that season, as a normal dog, the dog went out and find a partner for mating but when the master saw them he felt pity of himself and asked, 'Dear Coltir, are you in love?'

   The dog froze and looked up at his master as his mouth was opened, 'My god, being a god, being having a better and higher mind don't you know whether I'm in love or not and what is love all about?'
   'What is it my dear boy?'
   'Oh my god, don't you know, this romantic relationship is just a desire drive relationship but love is what I do to you, and I'm in love to you from the day you take me till today and it will continues to be so. Anyway, do we ever have romantic feelings and relationship including sex my lord?'
   The master nodded his head, 'Never.'
   'But I have been true and faithful to you all these years and goes wherever you take me without complains and obeys you, that is Love.
   If romantic relationship is love I'd not be true and faithful to you and obey and stay with you to these days. Do you remember my previous partner or this one, I would have gone with her or she would have come to me, and if none of our masters accepted us, we would have moved out and live together. But, since romantic relationship or desire drive feelings and action is not love but the result of inborn desires we dogs stick to love as far and much as we know, not to romantic relationship as our foolish gods do.
   After all, inborn desire is the main force that compels human beings to romantic relationship and acts, nothing else.
   Oh my god, why can't my gods, human beings understand about that and learn from us?'

   The master massaged the dog's head and continued to listen intently.
   'Human foolishly calls romantic relationship as love but when your relationship breaks, you hurried yourself, seeking another for a partner to have such relationship. Don't you my god, my master? Why don't you stick to it if it is love for love never die?'
   'Yes, I truly do even to these days. Me and my new lady will split up next month.'
   'But still you keep naming romantic relationship as love without understanding that it is nothing but inborn desire drives or the result of it. Oh my god, The God have created you to be a god, a king over all things on earth, above us and still you are slave of ignorance including on love and desire drive feelings or emotions.'
   The dog continued, 'Being a god, you are not and don't act like god. You are cruel to animals and thoughtless to natures not only foolish and ignorant. As I am to you my god, my god, you human beings must also be to your God Above.'

   Feel free to add your great thoughts, the moral of the story or how you perceived it, on it though the comment box.
*******

To discover more, See Table of Contents of this Blog book.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Thirty Days Three Popular Posts