Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Blessing: The Effect of Luck

   It was a boring day for a shopkeeper in the valley of trade. It has been days he had not sold a thing but in order to continue living in that place, he need to have his trade alive.
   Yet, what can he do when he can't turn any a person into his customer. All he can do is pray, and being a believer he prayed to God, 'Lord, thank you for giving me life till date and I hope You would continue to give me so. You know I needed customers to retain the life you have given me as a shopkeeper, if it is your will, please give me some today. But, You know everyone needs your blessing, so, bless all men. Let it be as Your will. All that in Jesus name I pray.'



   An hour passed by but there was no sign of answers, few more hours passed by and he could see people rushing in a neighbor shop as if they found something valuable.
   To him, his prayer was not answered. Hours passed by and not a single customer came to his shop. And it was closing time but his neighbor's shop was still full of customers.
   Hoping that some one might turn to be his customer, he waited for few more minutes until the night seems older and he needed to keep his hope for the next day. 'Thank God, for giving customers to my neighbor, if it is Your will, bless me too...' he prayed, off the lights and began to pull the shutter but his neighbor called out his name and said, 'wait for me, I need to buy some things from you.'
   'I have thought my Lord was not answering me today but keep it for other day,' he thought

   His neighbor came and pull out almost all kind of stuff in his shop, saying, 'I needed this, this and that, I've wanted it for so long but luck is with me today. I need to send this one to my friend, this to my relative, this an that.'
   'If my Lord's blessing is called luck, what a chain of luck it is. Surely, a blessing or luck that does not spread out and brings luck to others as well is never a luck,' the shopkeeper thought and he give thanks to his Lord.
   'God does not hurry, but not slow either, He is always in time. He does not have only one way of blessing, a thousand way is nothing but uncountable ways, and He does not only love and care for His near ones but all, including those who does not love Him, His enemies.'


*******




To discover more, See Table of Contents of this Blog book.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Thirty Days Three Popular Posts