Thursday, June 28, 2012

What Old People Should Do

   I was concerned when I saw this search keywords, 'do you know what you want to do when you are old,' on my blog traffic source. So, let me tell this short story:

   Finnabu was telling a story to Zirzel when they sat on a caravan bound to return back to Zirzel's homeland.
   "An old man way kneeling and praying for enlightenment as he was lost. After doing many works in life and having grown old he could not realize what else to do. His children were already now grown up and became responsible men, they take care of him and his retirement plan supply his needs but he don't feel completeness, he felt something was lacking. Obviously, he was lost on how he will fill his life with interesting activity that he love.

   As he keep on praying, a bright Light appeared to him and asked, "My dear, I've heard your prayers, but don't you know every life is a story?"
   It was so bright and powerful that he dare not look up as he revered it, holding his face toward the earth, he replied with a shivering voice, "I know my Lord, but my life is so boring these days and I don't know what to do, your Majesty?"
   "Then do you ever like stories?" The voice from the bright light was powerful yet kind and lovely.

   "I don't know, Lord," the old man keep on shivering.
   "Don't you ever listen to a story when others says it? Don't you ever read a single story in your entire life?"

   "Yes, I do, my lord, and they were always interesting to hear it."
   "It means, you love stories. So, if every life is a story, don't you have one? Is not your life a story?"
   "Yes, it is but its a boring life." The old man had said it without thinking.

   The Light was moving around the old man as if it was examining him, and soft wind follows behind it, "You are making yourself a fool by your current life. Have you never seen a days of laughter, happiness and successes?"
   The old man mind begins to be opened, "I do and its true Lord but now its like a cactus in a desert. How can we sing in times of sorrows?"
   "There is no sorrow unless you care for it. Therefore, go and tell your children and the world your interesting story, to encourage them, - how you begin to face life (in your earlier days) how much you tried, how many times you fell, cried but stood up again, how many times you fail but pass, what inspires you and how you succeeded and found happiness, etc. Be a teacher to young generation on what you have learned, give them hope and strength."
   The old man fell silent as he was wondering about the enlighted words of the Light. The clouds begins to clumps up and the wind forming up around them as the Light continues to gradually enlight the worry and lost soul, "Enlight them with your story that has enlighten you yourself and do also help them in whatever  way you can, for there is happiness in voluntary and good works. For, with good works comes happiness and contentedness."
   The old man was now highly aroused but negative thoughts quickly pulls him down again, "Lord as you see I'm old, I'm weak and my voice shivers, how can I be a speaker?

   "Be ashamed not, but do also tell them the most important thing, the eternal treasure you have found that not only change your life style but enlight your soul through enternity. That is the most powerful of all story. Can't  you do that?"
   This time the old man was highly enlighted as he realize the love of Light, God of gods that had the greatest influence and give the greatest changes and blessing in his life, but again negative thoughts takes him the other way round. The wind do also begins to blow harder, "Lord as you see I'm not that an influential man, I'm not even smart. And there are rich, great, smart and more educated men than me who may not like me, how will I stand before them?"

   This time the wind was so strong and unstoppable, swirling around them like twister, that the old man knew the earth itself will also be able to break in it as he could hear the roaring sounds of the wind. But though he shiver greatly he did not fear the strong swirling wind, for his reverence to the Light before him is greater than his fear, as the strong swirling wind had not touch him except the breeze.
   This time the voice of the light was echoing but soft, "What more is desirable and greater than to be a teacher who help, encourage, enlights and leads the needy souls? Fear not, I'll be there for you, I'll be with you till the end. But one thing you should do, do not term yourself a wiseman. Be humble, that way many people can and will listen to and respect you. After all, humbleness is the fruit of wisdom."

   Through the power of Light negative thoughts gradually vanishes away but yet not all, "I can tell my children but how can I tell the world? And what will be of the people and old man like me?" the old man asked, still covering his face with his palms.

   The wind was stronger than ever but the voice of the light was softer, yet echoing and tender, "You can write them down too and things thats written last longer than spoken words. Who knows you will have another great success at this old age except Me? But do no focus on riches and accumulating it, concentrate on what you are going to tell and your duty, responsibility, the real food you are going to freely share and give. Tell your friends that they should first find the eternal happiness and then follows you."
   "Thank you Lord, thank you so much Lord but may I know who you are?" said the old man and he realize that he was now enlighted and its in his hand to chose, and also realized that he had ceased to shiver.

   "Go forth, and from this moment be a fruitful man. I am the eternal treasure, glory, wisdom, happiness and love. And I will always be with you as I always was." The Light vanish and the surrounding begin to become normal but was filled with still clouds on which the brightness of the Light lingers until the old man and the night was gone, till the morning sun light disperse the clouds.
*******

To discover more, See Table of Contents of this Blog book.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Thirty Days Three Popular Posts